The 2017 Sport Club Institute is quickly approaching taking place from June 21st-June 23rd in Virginia Beach, VA. Below is some information about the program proposal timeline for the conference.
Submit a presentation proposal today!
- Program Proposal Deadline: March 1st, 2017
- Conference Theme: Developing and Serving the New Student Athlete
- Topic Areas for the conference to Consider:
- Student Development (officer development, leadership education, councils/executive boards, student staff supervisors)
- Risk and Safety Management (Athletic Trainers, concussion education, hazing prevention, travel/lodging policies)
- Program Administration: (assessment, alumni relationships, recruitment/retention)
- Financial Management (budgeting, fundraising, allocations, coaches stipends)
- Event Management: (Facility usage/agreements, insurance, marketing/publicity)
In addition to the topic areas listed above, the committee has recommended the following specific topics that we are looking for presentations on:
- Student Officer Training
- Fundraising Methods
- Sport Club Culture
- Roles of Coaches and Advisors
- How to Utilize Safety Officers
- How to Utilize Event Supervisors
For more information about the conference including registration timeline and prices please visit the Sport Club Institute information on the NIRSA website.